This isn’t directly BIM related but could be in the future, Neenan is looking for a scheduling specialist, you can apply on our website www.neenan.com under careers
The Scheduling Specialist is responsible for improving the overall integrity of Neenan schedules, design through construction, and general scheduling competency of the Neenan employees. He or she will provide the oversight of all project schedules and be involved with resource allocations to ensure the successful set-up, progress and completion of our projects. The Scheduler will work to create consistency and integrity of schedules across projects and the company.
• Work with business development to develop proposal schedules for the acquisition of work with team input.
• Work with design development, preconstruction, project management and field to help them accurately set up a baseline schedule.
• Work in the capacity of a technical resource for company personnel managing schedule modifications and updates throughout the overall project progress.
• Manage a database of schedules and as built data from a variety of projects for reference.
• Create a database of template schedules of different product types.
• Provide training and support on Microsoft Project, P6 and expand Neenan’s use and general competency regarding schedules.
• Assist with large scale schedule modifications as needed.
• Assist teams with the use of the 8 week schedule tool.
• Support the transfer of scheduling information from the master schedule to the 8-week and the 3 or 4 week schedule.
• Work with Project Executives to ensure effective resource allocation on projects.
• Maintain open and positive relationship with team members through regularly scheduled meetings and address their concerns.
• Create a competency matrix relative to schedules – basic skills, 101, and 201.
• Build a testing protocol to assess employee competence.
• Verify scheduling competency of Neenan personnel.
• Capable of helping to create a schedule based on minimal design information and design/build team direction.
• Help to develop strategies with claims avoidance and how it relates to scheduling.
• Competency to make a brief assessment of a schedule and determine its accuracy and completeness.
• Train staff to track actual dates in the schedule.
• Ability to create and train others on cost loading schedules.
• Ability to create and train others on resource loaded schedules.
• Master of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6
• Overall computer competence
• Seasoned trainer
• Thorough knowledge of commercial, healthcare and education construction
• Strong leadership skills including the ability to build alignment and to motivate others
• Strong collaboration and listening skills
• Able to hold people accountable
• Able to quickly gain the respect of all disciplines, especially the Field
• Sound knowledge of scheduling methodology, standards, and practices
• Understand scheduling logic from beginning of design through construction completion
• Ability to periodically travel to remote project sites
• Understanding of government requirements is a plus
• Minimum 5 years construction scheduling experience
• In addition to the above, all employees are expected to play by the TNC Rules of the Game and practice Archistruction.
• The 4 Key Behaviors of Archistruction are: 1) Collaborate across disciplines, 2) Challenge others and be willing to be challenged, 3) Always focus on value for clients, TNC and our partners, 4) Be responsible beyond your job description.